Email: marjan.khobreh _at_ wu.ac.at
Consultation hours: on Appointment
Marjan Khobreh is assistant professor at the Institute of Information Systems and New Media. She obtained her PhD in computer science at the University of Siegen, Germany. Her PhD dissertation is entitled "Ontology Enhanced Representing and Reasoning of Job Specific Knowledge to Identify Skill Balance”. It basically focuses on developing an ontological knowledge-base for semantic bidirectional matching of the world of work (job-task) and world of education (learning units). The entire approach has been used to develop multi-lingual online learning (software) platforms. Marjan has been involved in the management and coordination of several European and industry funded IT and software engineering projects in the context of healthcare, competence management and technology enhanced learning.
Marjan is also coordinator of " Cloud 6: Learning in Digital Era: Technology Enhanced Learning" at European Association for Practitioner Research on Improving Learning (EAPRIL). For more information please visit here.
Fields of Research Interest
- Knowledge Based Systems
- Knowledge Representation (Ontology Development)
- Technology Enhanced Learning
- Lecture Corporate IT I (part of the SBWL specialisation in Information Systems), WU Vienna, (Summer semester 2019)
- Lecture Basics of ICT (part of the SBWL specialisation in Information Systems), WU Vienna, (Summer semester 2019)
- Visiting Lecturer (Univ.-Lektorin) - Lecture of “Knowledge Management in Cyber Physical Production Systems” for thematic area of Ontology Development, TU Wien (Since Summer semester 2018)
- Student Group Project, "Developing Web-based e-learning Platform for nursing students andnurses (Wissenspflege)", University of Siegen, Germany (2013-2017)
- Lecture of “Knowledge Based Systems” for thematic area of Ontology Development, University of Siegen, Germany (2015-2017)
- Seminar in “Trends and Technology in Knowledge Management”, University of Siegen, Germany (2015-2016)
- Introduction to Computer Science for newcomers (Vorkurs Informatik), University of Siegen, Germany (2012-2013)
- HCEU conference/EUcareNET network event 2018, Job-Know Ontology for Creating World of Nursing Competence, Dresden, Germany, 27. - 29. June 2018.
- European Conference on Educational Research, Professional Nursing Tasks and Knowledge , Copenhagen, Denmark, 24. August 2017.
- Health Care Europe (HCEU) Workshop, Building Interfaces Between Nursing Tasks, Nursing Knowledge and Training Contents, Kraków, Poland, 17. March 2016.
- European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning, Med-Assess System for Evaluating and Enhancing Nursing Job Knowledge and Performance, EC-TEL, Graz, Austria, 16. - 19. September 2014.
- German Conference on Learning, Knowledge, Adaptation, An Ontology-based Recommender System to Support Nursing Education and Training, Bamberg, Germany, 7. - 9. October 2013.
- European Urban Health Conference, Urban health Integrated Knowledge Exploring and Exploiting (UrbanTHINKING), Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 12. - 14. September 2012.
- M. Khobreh, Ontology Enhanced Representing and Reasoning of Job Specific Knowledge to Identify Skill Balance, University of Siegen, Germany, November, 2017 - Overall grade: Magna cum Laude
F. Ansari, M. Khobreh, U. Seidenberg & W. Sihn, A Problem-Solving Ontology for Human-Centered Cyber Physical Production Systems, CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, 2018. (Q1 in Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering )
- M. Khobreh, F. Ansari, M. Fathi, R. Vas, S. T. Mol, H. A. Berkers & K. Varga, An Ontology-based Approach for the Semantic Representation of Job Knowledge, IEEE Transaction on Emerging Topics in Computing, Vol.4, Issue:3, 2016. (Q1 in Information Systems)
- M. Khobreh, S. Nasiri & M. Fathi, E-Nursing: Experience Platform for Improving Nursing Performance, Journal of Geoinformatics, 10 (1), 57-63, 2014.
- M. Khobreh, F. Ansari, M. Fathi, S. T. Mol, H. Berkers, R. Vas, M. Hesterberg & J. M. Hoffmann, Professional Nursing Education and Training - An Overview Statement of the Pro-Nursing Project, Professional Education and Training through Knowledge, Technology and Innovation, Universie-Universitätsverlag Siegen, pp. 1-12, 2016.
- K. Ternai, M. Khobreh & F. Ansari, An Ontology Matching Approach for Improvement of Business Process Management, Integrated Systems: Innovations and Applications, Springer, 2015.
- M. Khobreh, F. Ansari & M. Fathi, Modelling Knowledge and Innovation Driven Strategies for Effective Monitoring and Controlling of Key Urban Health Indicators, Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, Khine Soe Thaung (Ed.), Vol. 126, ,pp.279-285, Springer, January 2012.
- M. Khobreh, F. Ansari & M. Fathi, An Educational Game to Improve Learning in Nursing, In Proceedings of 2015 Conference of European Association for Practitioner Research on Improving Learning, Published on March 2016, ISSN 2406-4653, pp. 377-393, 2015.
- M. Khobreh, F. Ansari, M. Dornhöfer, R. Vas & M. Fathi, Med-Assess System for Evaluating and Enhancing Nursing Job Knowledge and Performance, 9th European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning, EC-TEL 2014, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, Vol: 8719, pp. 494-497, 2014.
- M. Khobreh, F. Ansari, M. Dornhöfer & M. Fathi, An Ontology-based Recommender System to Support Nursing Education and Training, In proceedings of Lernen, Wissen, Adaption (LWA 2013), University of Bamberg,
- Germany, October 7-9, 2013.
- M. Khobreh, S. Nasiri & M. Fathi, Utilizing Experience Management for Improving Nursing Performance, In Proc. of HealthGIS Conference, 21-23 August, Thailand, 2013.
- M. Khobreh & M. Fathi, Urban health integrated knowledge exploring and exploiting (Urban THINKING), In Proc. of European Urban Health Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2012.
- S. Nasiri, M. Sepehri & M. Khobreh, Utilizing Acquired Healthcare Knowledge Based on Using Electronic Health Records, Information Quality in e-Health, Vol. 7058, A. Holzinger and K.M. Simonic (Eds.), Springer, Graz, Austria, 2011.
- M. Khobreh, F. Ansari & S. Nasiri, Necessity of Applying Knowledge Management Towards Urban Health Equity, the IADIS International Conference on e-Democracy, Equity and Social Justice, 2010.
- M. Khobreh, F. Ansari, S. Nasiri, Knowledge Management Approach for Enhancing of Urban Health Equity, 11th European Conference on Knowledge Management (ECKM), 2010.
- F. Ansari, M. Khobreh, S. Nasiri & M. Fathi, Knowledge Management support for Quality Management to achieve higher customer satisfaction, Electro/Information Technology, 2009. eit'09. IEEE International Conference on, pp. 78-83, 2009.
- M. Fathi, M. Khobreh, F. Ansari (Eds.) Professional Education and Training through Knowledge, Technology and Innovation, Universie-Universitätsverlag Siegen, ISBN 978-3-936533-77-4, 2016.