Teaching and Research Associate
Email: soheil.human _at_ wu.ac.at
Consultation hours: By appointment
Soheil Human has an interdisciplinary background in Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Science, History and Philosophy of Science and Science-Technology-Society (STS). Currently, he is a research and teaching associate at the Institute for Information Systems and New Media of the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU Wien) and a lecturer at the Department of Philosophy of the University of Vienna. He is the project lead of our FFG-funded project EXPEDiTE (EXPloring opportunities and challenges for Emerging personal DaTa Ecosystems: Empowering humans in the age of the GDPR - A Roadmap for Austria).
His current research focus is on human needs & values, digital privacy, human-centric information systems and algorithmic accountability. Soheil applies a wide range of theories and methods from Philosophy, Cognitive & Information Economics, Conceptual & Computational Cognitive Modelling, Artificial Intelligence, and Semantic Web in his research. His other research interests involve digital rights, pluralism & epistemic disagreements, predictive processing, and socio-technical imaginaries.
- Soheil Human: [How] Can Cognitive Science Save Our Democracies?, presented at: University of Vienna, Austria, November, 2018 . [BibTex]
- Soheil Human, Golnaz Bidabadi and Vadim Savenkov: Supporting Pluralism by Artificial Intelligence: Conceptualizing Epistemic Disagreements As Digital Artifacts, in: Vincent C. Müller (ed) , Philosophy and Theory of Artificial Intelligence 2017, Cham, August, 2018 . [BibTex]
- Soheil Human, Ben Wagner: Is Informed Consent Enough? Considering Predictive Approaches to Privacy, in: CHI2018 Workshop on Exploring Individual Differences in Privacy, Montréal, April, 2018 . [BibTex]
- Soheil Human, Ben Wagner: Is Informed Consent Enough? Considering Predictive Approaches to Privacy, CHI2018 Workshop on Exploring Individual Differences in Privacy, () 2018 . [BibTex]
- Soheil Human, Florian Fahrenbach, Florian Kragulj, Vadim Savenkov: Ontology for Representing Human Needs, in: Przemyslaw Rozewski, Christoph Lange (ed) , Proceedings of International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and the Semantic Web (KESW 2017), Szczecin, Poland, October, 2017 . [BibTex]