Institute for Information Systems and New Media
WU, Vienna University of Economics and Business
The lnstitute invites applications for a position as a Teaching & Research Associate (praedoc). Reference Number: 1912
Application materials can be submitted online until December 13th, 2023.
Please apply via the following link: https://www.wu.ac.at/karriere/arbeiten-an-der-wu/jobangebote/?yid=1912
E. Kušen, M. Strembeck: The Effects of Multiple Exposure to Highly Emotional Social Media Content During the Early Stages of the 2022 War in Ukraine(08/31/23)
In: SN Computer Science 4, 663 (2023).[more...]
The lnstitute of lnformation Systems and New Media (WU Vienna) invite applications for a position as a Teaching & Research Associate (praedoc). Reference Number: 1822
Application materials can be submitted online until September 27th, 2023.
Please apply via the following link: https://www.wu.ac.at/karriere/arbeiten-an-der-wu/jobangebote/?yid=1822
The emphasis of our Institute lies in constructing and analyzing infrastructures for software-based Information Systems. Our research focuses on two major areas:
- New Media, in particular Computational Media, Active Media, Polymorphic Media, and
- Information Systems, in particular highly flexible Systems and Application Engineering.
Within these two areas we cover:
- Software engineering techniques, with the goal to create highly flexible software systems,
- Scalable Infrastructures, to support flexible Security and Workflow Management,
- Scalable Community Frameworks, to build large scale, socially enriched Web Based Systems in the
- Application areas of E-Learning and Information Retrieval
Our Institute provides courses in Information Systems for the Study Programs of Information Systems (Bachelor & Master Program) as well as for the Business Administration Programs of the University.
The long term objective of our academic program is to enable graduates to actively design and implement organizational information systems by means of new media. Our lectures encompass the subject areas new media and electronic commerce, object-oriented design of application systems, and object-oriented Internet applications. The deepening and practical application of the skills developed in the lectures is supported through proseminars and the Seminar in New Media.