Institute for Information Systems & New Media
WU, Vienna University of Economics and Business
New Paper: E. Kušen, M. Strembeck: Emotional Communication during Crisis Events: Mining Structural OSN Patterns(05/06/21)
IEEE Internet Computing, Vol. 25, No. 2, March/April 2021[more...]
CfP: Human-centricity in a Sustainable Digital Economy; The 55th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-55)(03/01/21)
CfP: Special Issue on Accountability Mechanisms in Socio-Technical Systems in the Journal of Responsible Technology(02/22/21)
Submissions due by 30 June 2021 [more...]
The emphasis of our Institute lies in constructing and analyzing infrastructures for software-based Information Systems. Our research focuses on two major areas:
- New Media, in particular Computational Media, Active Media, Polymorphic Media, and
- Information Systems, in particular highly flexible Systems and Application Engineering.
Within these two areas we cover:
- Software engineering techniques, with the goal to create highly flexible software systems,
- Scalable Infrastructures, to support flexible Security and Workflow Management,
- Scalable Community Frameworks, to build large scale, socially enriched Web Based Systems in the
- Application areas of E-Learning and Information Retrieval
Our Institute provides courses in Information Systems for the Study Programs of Information Systems (Bachelor & Master Program) as well as for the Business Administration Programs of the University.
The long term objective of our academic program is to enable graduates to actively design and implement organizational information systems by means of new media. Our lectures encompass the subject areas new media and electronic commerce, object-oriented design of application systems, and object-oriented Internet applications. The deepening and practical application of the skills developed in the lectures is supported through proseminars and the Seminar in New Media.